Healthy nails not only look great, but they can also be a sign of overall health and wellness. However, keeping your nails healthy and strong can be a challenge, especially with all the wear and tear they go through on a daily basis. In this post, we’ll be sharing 5 tips for maintaining healthy nails.
- Keep your nails clean: Dirt and bacteria can accumulate under your nails, which can lead to infection and damage. Make sure to keep your nails clean by regularly washing them with soap and water and using a nail brush to scrub away any dirt or debris.
- Moisturize your nails: Just like your skin, your nails need moisture to stay healthy and strong. Use a moisturizing nail oil or cream to keep your nails hydrated and prevent them from becoming brittle and dry.
- Wear gloves: Protect your nails from harsh chemicals and cleaners by wearing gloves when you’re doing household chores or working with chemicals. Exposure to chemicals can weaken your nails and make them more prone to breaking and chipping.
- Trim your nails regularly: Keeping your nails at a reasonable length can prevent them from becoming brittle and breaking. Use a nail clipper to trim your nails regularly, and make sure to file any rough edges to prevent snagging and tearing.
- Eat a healthy diet: A healthy diet can promote healthy nail growth and prevent nail problems. Make sure to include foods rich in vitamins and minerals, such as biotin, zinc, and iron, in your diet to promote strong and healthy nails.
By following these tips, you can maintain healthy and strong nails. Remember to take care of your nails on a regular basis and seek professional help if you notice any signs of nail problems. With a little bit of care and attention, your nails can be healthy and beautiful for years to come.
GLOW College’s Advanced Nail Technology Diploma program includes a Science of Nails Module that will help you understand the importance of nail disinfection and sterilization.